Rhythm Kids® is an exciting music, movement and drumming class for children in kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives as they:
- Learn multicultural drumming patterns,
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments,
- Explore movement and dance while singing songs,
- Play games based on music and drumming,
- Have fun with a host of rhythm activities!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K-2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- 9-weekly, 45-minute classes.
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester. The Jaguar Collection is the featured collection for the spring 2018 semester.
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs.
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming,
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments,
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements,
- Experience drumming, song and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.),
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm,
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting and composition,
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum to bring to class and use at home. We have special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.